your daily life
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the primary role is to help manage the hotel’s food and beverage operations to ensure the achievement of established standards of food and beverage quality and customer service, as well as departmental revenue and profit goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Helps manage the daily operation of the food and beverage sections
- Rest aid. Manager(s)/Asst Rest Manager in the development of popular menus and drink lists that provide customers with value for money in accordance with IHG guidelines.
- Plan and organize successful catering activities in the hotel
- Conducts daily briefings, food and beverage meetings, and other meetings as needed to achieve optimal results
- Attends and participates in other meetings as required by the administrative calendar
- Set food and beverage goals and develop strategies, procedures and policies
- Set standards for all food, beverage and amenity purchases in accordance with IHG guidelines
- Participates in the preparation of the hotel’s revenue plan and marketing programs
- Monitors local competitors and benchmarks their operation with hotel Food and Beverage operation
- Performs related duties and special projects assigned
- Works with the Director of Operations on workforce planning and management needs
- Works with the Director of Operations in the preparation and management of the department’s budget
What we need from you
- Demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties which strongly reflects the hotel, brand and company.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or valid food service license or health card/food handler as required by local government agency.
- Problem-solving, reasoning, motivational, organizational and training skills.
- Leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in hotel management, catering or related field.
- 4 years of related experience, including F&B management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience; preferably in a 4/5 star hotel establishment