Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG) offers a few military and veteran discount options at its hotel chains, including Holiday Inn. Service members traveling on order can take advantage of IHG government rates and per diem booking, according to the IHG website.
Current service members, veterans, spouses and family members can book with IHG’s Military Appreciation Rate, which offers a percentage on its best flexible rate pricing.
Read on to learn more about the Holiday Inn military discount.
Are you looking for a different hotel?
See more hotels with military discounts
How does the military discount work at the Holiday Inn?
Holiday Inn is a national hotel chain with 1,178 locations worldwideincluding popular vacation destinations.
Holiday Inn Military Appreciation Discount starts at 5% off its “Best Flexible Rateprice, according to IHG. However, each hotel sets its own discount rates, so you may qualify for a higher discount at certain locations.
Who is eligible for the IHG Hotels military discount?
The Holiday Inn Military Discount is available to all active duty members, veterans, and military family members with valid military, veteran, or dependent ID.
Eligible family members do not have to travel with a service member to receive the Holiday Inn military discount.
How to Book the Holiday Inn Military Discount
Eligible travelers can book a Holiday Inn stay online with IHG’s Military Appreciation or Government Rate or by phone at 1-877-424-2449, according to IHG’s website. Travelers who need to book under a specific daily rate should call IHG at the same number to make reservations.
Call customer service or message the interactive virtual assistant on the Holiday Inn homepage if you have any issues.
Will I need a military ID when checking in?
To qualify for government rate or Holiday Inn daily booking rate. To take advantage of the Holiday Inn Military Appreciation Rate, you must present a valid military, dependent, or veteran registration card, such as a Common Access Card (CAC) or government-issued ID with veteran designation .
Holiday Inn Military Discount Restrictions
The Holiday Inn military discount has several restrictions:
- You must book directly with Holiday Inn to receive their discounted rate. Military discounts may not apply to bookings made on other platforms.
- The 5% discount on the best flexible rate is only available for pleasure travel – you cannot apply it when you are on orders. If you are traveling on order, ask about the government rate or IHG per diem instead.
- Holiday Inn hotels may have blackout dates when discounted room reservations are not available. Contact the hotel where you wish to stay to confirm the availability of the discount on the dates of your stay.
- Veterans who do not have government-issued ID with Veteran designation should contact Holiday Inn Customer Service to discuss verification of Veteran status.
Other IHG Hotels with Military and Veteran Discounts
IHG’s military discount is available across its 17 hotel brands at any of their more than 6,000 participating hotels.
Look for the IHG military discount at:
- Atwell Suites
- Candlewood Suites
- Crown Plaza
- Even the hotels
- Hotel Indigo
- Intercontinental Hotels and Resorts
- Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants
- six senses
- Staybridge Suites
To find what IHG military discount hotels are availablesearch by desired destination, dates, number of guests and rooms to see possible booking options.